So I decided that maybe its time for you guys to get to know me a bit. Though at the very moment I'm writing this I have no followers, I hope to change that. To be honest I hate describing myself, I always feel like I'm leaving something out. I usually come off as really boring on paper, and I guess that isn't the best thing to have happen to you if your trying to run a blog. When you really think about it, can anyone ever describe themselves accurately? There are things about yourself that takes forever to figure out. At this very moment there are a million things going on in my head that I don't know how to put down in a way that you guys can all read and not think that I'm a total nutcase.....
So lets start with the basics. Whenever I read someone's work, no matter what type of writing it is, I want to know a little bit about the authors background. Maybe you aren't the same way. Blogs are a bit harder though, the line between sharing creatively and sharing too much is a bit blurry. I tend to put a lot of emotions/personal experiences in my posts, so I would like show what influences me and what I'm surrounded by. Maybe knowing what my life is like, someone might pick up on the reason why certain things happen to me (since I have no idea).
I'm 19 years old and was born and raised in New York. Sadly I've never been anywhere else. Not even another state ( once to South Carolina, where all my family is from, but I was small so it doesn't really count). I'm dying to go to another country, preferably Paris, but I know that would cost money that I won't have anytime soon. For the present, a trip to Hollywood or Disneyland would suit me just fine. Baby steps. I currently live in Staten Island with my close friend Luz, her mom, her neice, and my sister. Privacy is a foreign term to me.
I am currently working as a receptionist in spa in midtown Manhattan. I am currently looking for a second job and will keep those of you that care posted on whether or not I manage to land one. I have been working in various places since I was 16, I can't remember a time when I didn't really have bills to pay. Its even tougher now that I've moved out of my moms house to live with my roommate and sis, but we are all getting by somehow. In order to make things a bit easier for myself I might have to try and control my shopping addiction. Baby steps.
There is currently a guy friend in my life, but things are a bit cryptic right now so I'm hestitant to go into detail about him. I will say that the more we spend time together the more I like him...and wonder we are going, but that's all for another blog post. He is a bit older than me and does a bit of acting. His sense of humor is what does it for me I guess. I'm a sucker for comedians.
Like, almost every other blogger I have writing aspirations. I'm pretty practical about my writing and am not putting all my bets on making a career for myself in it. Maybe I should, but I can't afford to right now. I would love to have a job involving children. I don't think it would feel like work then. Kids tend to make everything feel special, since they tend to see a lot of the things for the first time. Everything would feel like a new experience.
As of now I'm kind of floating. I wouldn't call myself lost....maybe I'm just wondering. I'm like a tourist exploring my own life. For that reason I might not have been able to describe myself adequately. You guys be the judge of that. I think I might end this blog post with a saying I read somewhere on the internet. I believe it went: "If you can desciribe yourself in a nutshell, wouldn't that make you nuts?" Yeah, its kinda cheesy but whoever said that kinda had a point. At least I think so.....
No comments:
Post a Comment