Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Firsts

There is always that breathless, heart stopping moment before you are about to do something that you have never done before. Now that I go back on it, none of my firsts have been particularly life changing....maybe nothing ever is after it has already happened. Maybe I rushed into all of my firsts with people who have meant nothing to me. First kiss, first boyfriend....all people who are practically strangers to me. Are there ever any other firsts for a girl that doesn't involve men or love? I would like to think there are. Firsts are all about innocence and hope. Maybe the first country I will ever go to the first exotic food I will ever taste, the first big goal I will ever reach. People like to go through life believing that there are plenty of milestones to look forward to, and I think that there are. You just have to be optimistic enough to look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment